$150 million safety critical components manufacturer in auto industry.
CEO and Executive team wanted to increase their rate of winning new business by 2X. They also needed to rebuild operating model to support continued and predictable wins.
- Analyzing client organization and operating structure to understand root causes behind low business win rate.
- Determining the effectiveness of people, process, and technology on business win rate.
- Propose overall strategy to increase win rate and supporting organizational chan
Client was losing a high percentage of new RFPs quoted, despite pricing being competitive. End customers frequently complained about the client’s inability to respond to requests on time and long delays in building new prototypes.
We were able to:
- Improve client’s engineering and product quotation value chain.
- Recommend operating model changes to realign with suggested improvements.
- Developed programs that would reduce time to quote and time to prototype.
- Analyzed client’s value chain using our proprietary end-customer centric value chain analysis.
- Proposed new operating model for product development, costing, prototyping. Integrated that at the back end into manufacturing and manufacturing engineering.
- Developed innovative programs “Quote-Now” and “Build-Now” that promoted standardization to transition client organization to new transformative approach to product development and RFP management.
- Developed functional process flows to support new operating model
We were able to:
- Reduce average time to quote by 50%.
- Reduce average time to prototype by 30%.
- 2X increase in new business won in first six months of implementation.