A Banking Software company
Work as a part of the client team to design, develop and enhance a distributed windows desktop application for balancing work for bank ATM centers.
Bank ATM centers processed bundles of checks daily and the company wanted to design, develop and maintain their Windows Desktop Application that assisted banks in check processing and daily balancing.
Solution and Approach:
We provided senior developers that worked with the client in Waterfall process to design, develop and enhance the thick client windows desktop application developed in C#. The application made extensive use of Web Services, Web Services and NET remoting technologies. High performance was achieved using multi-threading and dedicated server-side processes. The application database was SQL server and the data access was performed using stored procedures/T-SQL. Crystal Reports was used for report generation. Additional notable work involved:
- Modified the application for Citrix environment support.
- Designed and implemented authentication and authorization framework for the users to meet corporate security standards.
- Implemented multi-threaded backed processes for processing flat files, purging old data, generating email alerts etc.
- Migrated Web services to WCF.
- Maintained core-modules of the product, participated in requirement gathering, conducted design reviews, held internal training sessions for installation and technical support departments, guided other members of the team as needed and provided technical assistance.